Sunday, November 14, 2010

Book Christmas Ornament

:{Supplies}

:: book pages
:: Small Wreath. I used a foam wreath that I found at Michaels. It was a pack of 24 wreaths for $5.00
:: glue gun
:: string for hanging {I used ribbon and twine}

{Directions}
1. Fold and tear book pages
I folded the paper in 1/2 then in 1/4's then in 1/8's. I then tore the paper on the folded lines.
2. Cover wreath with book pages. I used 1/8 squares of a page to cover the green wreath. I attached the paper with my glue gun.
3.  I then folded the 1/8 paper in half=1/16 and cover the wreath on the front. I then covered the back with the 1/16 folded paper.
{I heart coffee}
{Up Close View}

3. Add Spiral Rose
{This video was made in one shot....between the kids and the dogs I gave it a try so you can make a great spiral rose}

{Spiral Rose Video}


{If you can't see the video click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZWajw2Kvcw}

4. Hang on Tree:

What great Christmas presents! 
 {I made 20 so far for the kids teachers and family members:}

I linked with Cottage Instincts this week for this project. { #9 on her site}

 





3 comments:

  1. Great video tutorial! I was making these all wrong...think I was rolling from the inside out. These are so cute, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are too cute. love the video! love your scarf in the video too.

    ReplyDelete