Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Music Photo Canvas

{Fun way to display old photos}
{I hung it up in the upstairs hallway}
These are two music sheet canvases I made. I got the idea from Jones Design Company. Once again she gives an amazing tutorial and I loved my first one so much I made two:)

Supplies:
1. Mod Podge
2. Paint brush
3. Book pages and or music sheets. I purchased old music sheets and old books at Goodwill.
4. Canvas- I bought the canvas with rod iron for $4.99 and canvas shown above for $1.99 at Goodwill:)

Step One:
1. Lay down paper and Mod Podge on till canvas is covered. I then went around the edges and folded the paper to the back. I wrapped the edges like wrapping a present.

Step two:
2. Let it dry. It starts to dry with wrinkles but when it drys it looks good so don't worry:)
{All dry and only a few wrinkles!}


Step 3: Hang up
{A fun shot from our downstairs bathroom}
{I heart Rod Iron}
What do you think? Are you inspired and if so Mod Podge away!

3 comments:

  1. Super cute! love the one with the old photos, looks retro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an iron print thing in my bathroom that doesn't really go anymore, and I've been brainstorming ways to change it up! I think you've just led me in the right direction!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has a vintage feel. What a great way to display old photos. I have tons of black and white old family photos. This would be great!

    ReplyDelete